ADVERTISE WITH THE GATEWAY
Gateway | 6001 Dodge St. | Omaha, Ne 68182
General Contact Information
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / 402-554-2470
Josie Loza / 402-554-2470 / email@example.com
Megan Wade / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Wade / email@example.com
2018-2019 Publishing Schedule
The Guide and Welcome Back
Published August 7 and 21, these are the first two issues of the fall school year. The Guide is sent to all incoming freshman. Special rates may apply during these first two issues.
Special Issues Fall 2018
Special promotions for Halloween, Thanksgiving and the holiday season towards the end of the semester will be announced. Special rates may apply.
Fall 2018 Run Dates
September 11, 25, October 9, 23, November 6, 13, December 4
Special Issues Spring 2019
Special promotions for Welcome Back from Break, St. Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day and spring will be announced. Special rates may apply.
Spring 2019 Run Dates
January 15, 29, February 12, 26, March 12, 26, April 2, 23
Online ads can be purchased by the week or month. Deadline for weekly or monthly placement is one week before the publishing date. Online ads will be published on Mondays and taken down Monday mornings (end of the week). Late fees will be assessed with an ad purchased within 6 days of the publishing date.
Deadlines & Run Days
Ads are to be reserved by Wednesday before publication date.
All creative materials are due by Friday before the publication date. Reservations made after the reservation deadline will be assessed a late fee.
Print and Online Rates unothegateway.com
Student and Non-profit Rate
$5 any size, $7 color
Metro Area Print Rates (Omaha-Council Bluffs area)
1/8 $7 ($9 Color)
1/4 $6.85 ($8.85 Color) 1/2 $6.60 ($8.60 Color) Full $6.10 ($8.10 Color)
Banner (728px x 90px) $75 weekly, $280 a month at four weeks, $27 additional charge for fifth week.
Sidebar (300px x 250px) $55 weekly, $200 a month at four weeks, $27 additional charge for fifth week.
Rotating (300px x 250px) $50 weekly, $180 a month at four weeks, $27 additional charge for fifth week.
National Print Rates
1/8 $10 ($12 Color)
1/4 $9.85 ($11.85 Color) 1/2 $9.60 ($11.60 Color) Full $9 ($11 Color)
No color or design – only words that include a heading, subheading and receeding information. $5 for 30 words, $10 for 50 words and $28 for as many words as possible or business logo.
(2 col – 3.375” x 2” (2×2” ad)
(2 col – 3.375” x 5.5” (1/8 page)
(3 col – 5.125” x 7.5” (1/4 page)
(6 col – 10.375” x 7.5” (1/2 page) (6 col – 10.375” x 15.5” (Full page)
How to Calculate Print Ads
Multiply the number of columns by how many inches high the columns are ( W x H ). Calculate the ( R + C ) by adding the rate plus amount for color. Then, take those two totals and multiply them to calculate the final cost.
The Gateway Policies
Founded in 1908, the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s student-run newspaper The Gateway strives to help our clients envision success in their advertising campaigns. Nonprofit, corporate and local businesses share a space in our weekly paper and respectively, at the University of Nebraska at Omaha as a whole.
Grounded with a passion to meet our clients’ needs with affordable rates, now is the best time to invest in the success of your business while engaging with a diverse, concentrated audience.
Equal Opportunity/Discrimination Policy
Advertising that discriminates based on age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, marital status or sexual orientation will be rejected. The equal opportunity statement for the university can be found here: http://www.unomaha.edu/diversity/ affirmativeaction.php
1. Ad placement cannot be guaranteed, but requests will be honored on a first come first serve basis.
2. All ads must follow size speculations listed in the rate card. If the size of the final ad is smaller or larger than the affirmed size, a fee will be assessed.
3. Paid advertising will be placed next to ads that closely resemble advertising material.
4. Free design services are available upon timely request.
5. If an ad does not run, you will be notified within 24 hours of the publication date.
- Invoices will be directly mailed to the billing address at the end of every month.
- Accounts must be paid within the reasonable time of receiving an invoice.
3. Emails are considered confirmation for ad placement and proofing.
4. Requested design proofs will be sent through email upon request and will not be run until the ad is approved.
5. We do not accept credit. We do accept cash or check.
6. The Gateway is not liable for typographical error that does not lessen the value of the ad.
7. The Gateway reserves the right to require pre-payment or discontinue advertising because of delinquent accounts. If an account is delinquent, reasonable collection costs will be assessed.
8. Tear sheets will be applied weekly through our mailing system.
For direct quotes, social media, pre-printed inserts and discount inquiries, please contact Megan Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct billing questions to Josie Loza email@example.com